Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New! Almay Bold Nudes For Hazel Eyes Swatches and First Impressions

So I took advantage of a stellar coupon deal at CVS this week (comment if you'd like details) and I decided to pick up a couple Almay products. Now, Almay is not typically a brand that I usually gravitate towards. The packaging is very practical and nothing fancy or colored or girly and the products are advertised as hypoallergenic which is great but it reminds me of geriatrics and "I dont really like makeup" types of girls (no offense!). Lately, however, I have been seeing advertisements featuring Kate Hudson applying the "Magic Smart Shade" mousse Foundation as well as the eye-color-enhancing Bold Nudes eyeshadow . So thanks to our friends at CVS I was able to try a new product that I might not have ever tried before.

I bought the Bold Nudes Eyeshadow Trio for Hazel Eyes. I do not have hazel eyes. I have brown eyes, however, I don't believe that you have to limit what set you buy by your eye color. Additionally, I have a little blue-green ring around my brown eyes and figured, why not try and enhance this? The trio includes 3 (duh!) colors: a shimmery light coral shade, a semi-matte medium navy shade, and a shimmery light buttercream shade. The packaging features a cute little set of eyelashes and an eyelid on the front with the back of the packaging featuring an eye map. The map gives you a starting point on where to place each shade if you're a beginner.

I swatched the shades on the inner part of my (very) white arm. The first swatch picture is without any eyeshadow primer. The second swatch picture is the shadows over Urban Decay primer potion eyeshadow primer.

The shadows are medium pigmented and feel pretty nice in quality and are not chalky!

Overall: Nice job, Almay! I can't wait to try these on my lids with a good primer! I might actually look twice at Almay now.













No comments:

Post a Comment